Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Silker family has been on the run! (7 days to go!)

Quick post since I can't let the one week mark go unmarked on the blog! The Silker family has had a number of running achievements this week, and I wanted to mark them.

Last night, my dad ran his first 5k in Duluth, Minnesota, at a pre-race event for the Grandma's Marathon! I'm so proud of him-and I hope he gets the marathon bug and decides to run Chicago in 2012!

My mom ran Grandma's Marathon today. She's a grandma of four (and soon to be five), so it's only appropriate that she crushed her marathon PR by over 30 minutes with her finishing time of 4:28! Amazing stuff!

Finally, my brother published this article about my pursuit of a silver belt buckle just one week from today. In fact, I'll hopefully be at or near the Rucky Chucky river crossing one week from right now as I type. Thank you to my brother for writing such a thoughtful article, and thanks even more for inspiring me to run this race for the Wounded Warrior Project.

One week. It's hard to believe how close it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment