Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!...and only 182 days to go!

Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope you have all had a wonderful holiday weekend surrounded by family and friends. If you're lucky, like me, maybe you even got a run in while snow fell all around you!


I'm actually battling back from a back injury that has kept my mileage down for the last 10 days. I stepped outside for a run last Wednesday, and on my first step onto the driveway slid all the way to the bottom due to the freezing rain. I climbed back up to my garage on the grass, drove to the gym, and knocked out a few miles on the indoor track. The gym had salted the sidewalks when I left, but they didn't salt the parking lot. One step down, and my legs flipped up above me, causing me to land hard on the curb with my back. It's been 10 days, and I'm struggling to run. Be careful out there!

I wanted to share two photos of my favorite presents from Christmas. Beth and the baby gave me these two onesies for the baby...I guess it's official: my unborn child will be a runner...and a member of my WS Crew!

During this holiday season, please remember our men and women serving in the military who can't be with their families at this time. If you could, please support my Wounded Warrior Project fundraising efforts by making a donation to help our wounded veterans. Thank you--and Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment